Thursday 18 August 2005

Tuna Liquorice Fantasy Food Sex

Not in the mood for breakfast today, so it's just time for a cup of coffee before heading out to Torrox Costa to take care of some chores.

When we get back, Ursula splits a baguette and fills it with some great Tuna Mayonnaise and tons of Mixed Salad, which is both really tasty and nutritious.

Some people try to cut all fat out of their diet as they try to lose weight but I don't think that's the right way to go. It's like you need a little fat to prime the fat pump or whatever it is.

Ursula gobbled a whole bag of some Danish Liquorice Allsorts she's recently discovered (she's a liquorice junkie, amongst her sins!) and I managed to get just one!

One of the hardest things about trying to lose weight on a diet, something they don't prepare you for, so you're not expecting it, can be that as you try to eat less, and less often, you can find yourself thinking about food more and more.

In the last few weeks I've noticed that I'm thinking about food so much more often it's practically obsessive. Not so much as in a healthy "what shall I eat today?" kind of way either, more of a "fantasy food I really shouldn't eat" type of thing.

Fabulous banquets heaving with every imaginable foodie delight or single dishes sailing through my mind's eye like curious UFOs as I entertain, almost smell, all sorts of comparatively forbidden pleasures.

It's not even like a vague fleeting moment of half-memory, but rather more recurrent and persistent images, flavours and smells, oh the smells!

How often? Well, guys think a lot about sex, some surveys have even gone so far as to claim every 10 seconds. I'm not quite at that level, but it's definitely the case that the thing I think about secondmost these days is food, glorious food!

Seems a bit sick really, what with all the seriously hungry people in the world...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home