Monday 29 August 2005

World's First Fried Egg Omelette?

Nothing at all for breakfast, indeed, nothing at all until lunchtime when there's a Black Pepper Pate on brown sandwich. And later on, two chocolate chip cookies. This is real discipline as I could easily wolf down the whole packet.

Then in the evening I accidentally invent a totally new meal, the Fried Egg Omelette! Obviously all omelettes are made of fried eggs, but this is different, an omelette with a fried egg built in, as you'll see in the photo below.


The world's first Fried Egg Omelette, with Tuna

It started off as a normal omelette, standard recipe, eggs beaten with some herby sea salt and fresh black pepper, but I couldn't find a big enough bowl for 3 eggs, only 2. Some inspiration was called for and it duly arrived - if I can't get the 3rd egg in the bowl, just add it on top! It's all egg, right?

I did a quick search on the internet and found no references to it at all! So I claim a world first, the brand new food, an original Christopher Rose Recipe, the Fried Egg Omelette !!!

The Fried Egg Omelette © Christopher Rose 2005



Oh yes, rounded things off with a delicious little pot of chocolate pudding...

3 Comments:

Anonymous christina c said...

its not the first , i did this also in my college years

except...i whisked the egg whites first dropped them the yolk... that had not been whisked into the white mixture...dropped the whole thing in the pan

added toppings

folded it over

and when cooked properly when you cut into the middle... the yolk is hot but liquid

Thu Apr 09, 12:23:00 pm BST  
Blogger zack said...

Damn you!

I wrote this:
http://beerpoweredbicycle.blogspot.com/2006/08/fried-egg-omelette-did-you-ever-have.html

Not knowing you had scooped me by a year. Kudos to you. You are awesome. You are my hero. I have no idea who you are, but you and I independently arrived at the same creation, like Darwin and Wallace, or Newton and Lebinz.

Fri May 22, 02:44:00 am BST  
Anonymous Christopher Rose said...

Hi Zack,

Glad to meet another fan of the Fried Egg Omelette.

To hell with cholesterol!

Fri May 22, 11:17:00 am BST  

Post a Comment

<< Home