Tuesday 20 September 2005

Salmon in Garlic and Ginger Recipe

It's time to crack the whip on the diet front and reduce the amount of food I'm eating to a more beneficial level. Let's hope these wise words can be put into practice over the coming days and weeks...

I don't allow myself to have any breakfast, partly cos I'm feeling full after several days of comparative over-eating and partly cos I'm looking forward to an excellent late lunch/early supper of fresh Salmon.

One of the many (dangerous) pleasures of living in Spain is that the food is so much cheaper and, mostly, of equal quality to the food we were used to back in London. That means that things that were obscenely expensive in England are much more affordable here and can be eaten more often. Salmon, and other fresh fish, was rarely eaten before our arrival in Andalucia but now it is a much more frequent visitor to my hopefully somewhat shrunken stomach!

Ursula has created today a new recipe for Salmon, cooking it in a sauce of Olive Oil, Crushed Garlic, Minced Coriander Paste and fresh Ginger, which was all blended with a little water, salt and pepper before cooking and as you can see, the end result is fabulous.


Salmon in Garlic and Ginger Sauce

Served with some BBQ Chips and Mixed Salad, this has to be one of my favourite ever meals, so hats off to the chef for all the imagination and hard work.

For the rest of the day, I just manage to limit myself to a Strawberry Yoghurt, three biscuits (yes, ok, I do have a chocolate/biscuit problem, so what? LOL!) and a Granny Smith apple.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home