Monday 10 October 2005

Chili Con Carne

After a brilliant weekend in Torremolinos, it's back to Antequera and back to work.

There's no time for breakfast today so it's not until mid-afternoon that I manage to find a moment to have an Egg Mayonnaise on brown bread sandwich followed about half an hour later by three chocolate sandwich biscuits.

As the thunderstorms thrown off by Hurricane Vince pound the region with some welcome rain, I hunker down in the kitchen and, by popular request, cook up a big pot of Chili Con Carne for supper. Eaten with some plain boiled rice and a big heap of mixed salad, it's great at any time of year but especially good on a day like today as the sheet lightning flashes across the sky and the rain pours down.

And that's All I Ate Today.

What's that? The postponed weighin? Well, that's the good news, I'm down to a flat 78 kgs, 400 grams less than a week ago!

2 Comments:

Blogger mivste said...

Hello

I stumbled on your blog by accident (looking for references on Vinuela). I like your style and the layout, and thoroughly enjoyed reading it... even though it has now made me feel quite hungry. A shame you can't share the Chilli Con Carne recipe!

Good luck with the weight loss.

Tue Oct 11, 11:58:00 pm BST  
Blogger alienboy said...

Hi Mivste,

Thanks for visiting All I Ate Today.

I had a look at your site and blog and we are actually in similar lines of business!

I hope you don't have the same over-eating problems that I do, though I guess Samuel keeps you busy and thin.

Wed Oct 12, 11:05:00 am BST  

Post a Comment

<< Home